Welcome back to the kickoff of season two of The Earth Keepers podcast – Remembering When Plants Were Our Allies.
In this season of the podcast, we’re diving deep into reclaiming our sacred plant partnerships. In order to do that, we have to begin at another point in time and attempt to reconcile where we’ve been as humans with where we are today, which is largely devoid of any conscious plant relationships in our collective.
In this first episode of season two, I share when plants were our everyday allies, the origin of the Green Man, how the church halted sacred plant practices, why your call to work with sacred plants isn’t out of the blue or a coincidence and how we’ll be diving deeper into reclaiming our sacred plant partnerships throughout season two.
In this episode we focus on how the Rig Veda, one of the earliest written records of human civilization, was shared around the ancient world and helped to harmonize humanity with the stars.
We’ll talk about what the elixir of soma is, how ancient people used it, and what it has to do with the amanita muscaria mushroom, how entheogens were used around the world to commune with the gods, who the “green man” may have actually been, and why these sacred plant practices ended.
If you’re a shamanic practitioner, herbalist, gardener, energy healer, lightworker, psychonaut, or houseplant enthusiast, you’re going to love this season of The Earth Keepers Podcast.
Watch the replay of The Earth Keepers Podcast Season 2 Kickoff Party on YouTube Live.
Here's what I share in this episode:
- How there was little separation between humans and nature before the time of Christianity
- What the Rig Veda is and how its teachings moved around the world in ancient times
- Who R. Gordon Wasson was and how he brought psychedelic mushrooms into the collective awareness
- My initial experience with microdosing the Amanita muscaria mushroom
- Who Amanita Dreamer is and how she accidentally figured out how to make soma
- Different entheogenic plants traditionally used for communion wine
- The Green Man archetype as a plant medicine god
- What existed on Vatican Hill before the Romans conquered the area
- How working with plant medicines helped to access the the inner temple
- How early religious temples were designed to harmonize our external reality with our inner metaphysical reality
- How religious entheogen use shifted from use by the entire congregation to only the priestly and royal classes
- Where in nature humans would have seen examples that we were one with nature
- That much of the fear and anxiety in our modern culture is driven by our separation from nature
- What to do if you're feeling called to work with psychedelic plants or entheogens of any kind
- How to navigate an old, crumbling world while creating a new world
Links & Resources