Season 3 of The Earth Keepers Podcast continues as we explore the connection between the Sun, Moon and Venus as a forerunner to the Father, Son and Holy Ghost in organized religion around the world.
This episode features clips of a 2014 discussion with Richard Merrick from the YouTube channel Foks0904.
In this season, I'm taking us on a journey to explore what happens when an entire society of people lose their connection to the only land they’ve ever known.
And I'll be exploring this question by following just one branch of my family tree back through the Mormon Pioneer days in Utah and Idaho and then back to my ancestors who left Sweden for America.
In this episode, we discuss the sacred geometry and iconography in many pre-Christian and Christian churches, including the Mormon church that points to the stars. Specifically, the alignments of the Sun, Moon and Venus with the Earth.
I explain what Solomon's Temple was and why so many churches and organizations sought to pattern themselves after, the importance of astronomy and geometry in Masonry, the tradition of goddess worship in earlier religions that was removed from Christianity and Judaism, and the importance of the Rose of Venus to earlier cultures around the world.
If you've done any genealogy research into your own family origins, want to know more about how organized religion influenced your ancestor's beliefs, are curious about how plant medicine and shamanic ritual was integrated into early religion, and want some ideas about how you can reconnect with the land in a place and time your ancestors wouldn't recognize, you're going to love this season of The Earth Keepers podcast.
Here's what I share in this episode:
- What Joseph Smith was patterning the Mormon church after
- Why Solomon's Temple was built and what ceremonies were done there
- The importance of the Holy of Holies in Solomon's Temple
- Who Hiram Abiff was and his importance to the founding of Freemasonry
- What the ecliptic is in astronomy
- The symbol of the Lesser Lights in Freemasonry
- How Rosslyn Chapel may be a monument to honor the planet Venus
- Why the Hebrew Goddess Asherah is an important missing piece to early religion
- The pattern Venus traces across our sky
- What the five pointed star symbol in churches represents
- How the Mormon Temple at Nauvoo is also a temple to the sun, moon and Venus
- The importance of the Golden Ratio in astronomy and religion
- What the secret Roman cult of Mithras was
- The common use of plant medicine to reconnect human consciousness with source energy or God
- The monopoly early Mystery Schools had on entheogenic substances
- Why psychedelic communions were suppressed
- How the psychedelic renaissance today runs the risk of becoming like the ancient Mystery Schools
- Another message I received in my medicine journey with the snakes earlier this year